My new collection video, written and directed by myself. Produced by Will Turner of Willyverse. Music by Lykke Li "Let It Fall" & Fela Kuti "Shakara". Special thanks to Bolaji Kekere-Ekun of 37th State for his genius eye & brain.
Thanks to God, my mom, sisters, best friends, the team (videographer, web designer, models, makeup artist, co-stylist & personal assistant for the day), legal advisors, script editor, my friends who lent their living space for castings, filming, etc. You guys are the best, thank you so so so so much! x
Ironically, I'm not a fan of Fashion Shows... *shrugs* I think they end where the show ends (at least for most people). I have a preference towards other forms of 'showings' that actually last for longer than 15 minutes. All that hard work... then... Okay, I'll
stop. Well I went for the screening of the September Issue last year at LG Fashion Week.
Everywhere was dolled up nicely and I had a great time looking at gorgeous people and stealing bags of caramel popcorn from empty seats! Yep! The movie was alright. I was a bit bored, to be honest.
random fw props. i especially loved the ankara display.
I had nothing to wear that day and decided to keep it simple. I went very unlike me- sweet and girly. *gag*. (I secretly liked it). Ify looked great in her Carolina Herrera-esque skirt and a slinky turtle neck top. :-)
lgfw s/s2010, The September Issue screening
This year, I attended one show; Lucian Matis. Brilliant! I was sick for other shows. I'll try to
do a few more shows next time and steal editors' front-row seats.
The fun continued when I was asked to do some stills for COSMOtv! That was surprisingly random. Unfortunately I barely watch any tv so I'm not sure how I'm gonna catch that one.
I wore a classic black Zara dress and accessorized with: Snake-skin Stuart Weizman for Russell & Bromley sandals+ tribal earrings + frohawk+ red lipstick. Ify looked great too in her vibrant blue trench dress over a black mini + sexy Miu Miu pumps.
if you notice, I sit down to take most of my pix at fashion week 'cause i'm shy. ify on the other hand, will pose in ny times square.
I was hoping to bump into Toronto's fashion-savvy folk that I knew but I didn't get the chance... Everything just happened so quick, like a flash! But it's always fun to see people put some thought in their looks. I enjoyed myself... in a weird way.
My next stop is the FAToronto, which some of my friends will be participating in. Roll on end of April! ;-)
1. I woke up feeling wayyy better after the most disturbing flu ever (to the point where my gums were itching).
2. I went to get my hair sides shaved but the stylist thought it was okay to cut the longest part of my hair into half. I'm not sulking over length but he gave me a mohawk I wasn't interested in. I wanted a Sumo wrestler-type shave... Length everywhere, nothing on the sides/back but instead I got a nappy-hawk. Not a fan of universal hairdos. I'll rock on tho'.
3. I went to LG Fashion Week! I missed one show I was invited to on Tuesday because I was ill, however I paid to see Lucian Matis yesterday and I couldn't love him more. He's so cute ;-). I couldn't really take pix, everything was so fast-paced! More on #LGFW later.
4. I had the most fulfilling dinner ever afterwards! Everything I wanted in food; vegetables, fish, flatbread, cheese... The pix will explain better.
5. I'm home now and I'm more inspired to continue creating 10 killer looks for the Afropolitan Collection. It never went anywhere... Still coming through!